2004/10/08

Debate 2.3

OMG.

Kerry's answer to a question about embryonic stem cell research starts with a condescending "I respect the feeling/emotion/morality behind your question" and quickly cuts to Michael J. Fox and Christopher Reeve. Is name-dropping truly an effective campaign tactic?

Bush: I'm the first Prez to allow federal funding for embryonic stem cell research, but we must balance science and ethics.

Whoa. I don't have a real dog in this fight, and I think it's a tar baby for Bush, but I think he just hit that one out of the freakin' park.

Kerry: I don't know how you draw that line [between allowing and not allowing]. So we have to open up all the possibilities. Nothing about ethics/morality. I don't think that will play for those who see this as an important issue.

Q: who would you pick for
Bush: "I'm not tellin'! Besides, I want 'em all voting for me!" Then: strict constructionists. Well, that will scare some people. "No litmus tests, except for how they interpret the Constitution."

No comments: